Location: Berlin, CT
Title: Administrative Assistant
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
The Music People is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for our executive management team. This is a role that supports one or more ownership roles in multiple areas to ensure day to day operations and personal schedules of the company's owners.
- Calendar management
- Schedules meetings and follows up with ownership on day to day appointments (personal and company), providing links to notes
- Tracks information needed in OneNote including records of various meetings
- Reviewing and ensuring agendas are available for meetings, creating them when needed, and following up to ensure all pertinent information is readily available
- May attend meetings to ensure accurate follow up
- Prioritizes conflicting needs and handles matters proactively identifying potential scheduling conflicts or upcoming dates of importance, often with various pressures to meet shift priorities
- E-mail organization (Outlook)
- Organizes inbox to ensure e-mails are resolved promptly or schedules follow up meetings
- Responds to e-mails requesting any missing information, taking a proactive approach to ensure preparedness for ownership
- Sets reminders/follow up timelines
- Written Communication / Documentation
- Composing and preparing correspondences
- Various special projects as assigned
- Demonstrate collaboration with employees and management on responsibilities, projects, issues and opportunities utilizing company's tools with a transparent approach
- Comprehensively maintain documented systems, processes, training videos and proficient backup and present to employees and management.
- Calendar management
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to understand general directives, develop necessary plans succinctly and create tasks to ensure completion.
- Flexible and willing to accommodate different schedules
- Strong organizational skills and advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Discreet and handles sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to independently prioritize and execute several tasks and projects with demanding priorities
- Adaptable to different demands and proactively recommends solutions, understand general directives and develop necessary plans succinctly
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, factories.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Support and coordinate work efforts with other employees, locations and leadership.
- Supportive approach, strong work ethic, and personable
- 3-5 years' experience supporting executives in a business environment and occasional personal assistance
- BA or BS, preferably in English or communications
For almost 40 years, The Music People has been a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of music equipment accessories and professional audio, video, and lighting hear to music retailers and sound contractors. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the Greater Hartford Region. We offer an excellent work/life balance, progressive compensation package with grow potential, multiple health care options and 401K with an employer match.