National Sales Associate
Location: Berlin, CT
Title: National Sales Associate
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
The inside sales team is responsible for maximum profitability, and developing and growing accounts in line with company goals. The National Sales Associate will work under the direction of the Vice President of Sales and as part of a training program with an assigned National Account Manager mentor. The training program is a 6 to 12-month program to develop you into a National Sales Representative that can work independently of the mentor.
- Become proficient in all required product, sales processes, and system knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to maintain and manage newly assigned accounts independently by achieving goals set by management
- Meet or exceed all forecasted
- Sales goals
- Profit goals
- Outbound and total call time quotas
- Cold calls and hunts for potential new customers
- Manage pre-existing customer accounts
- Continuous in-house training of old and new product lines
- Implement cross sell, up-sell, and incentive programs to increase performance results
- Accurately quotes products to follow guidelines set by management
- Develop sales processes that is in line with TMP (The Music People) culture and your personal style. Work with mentor to understand common objections raised by dealers and practice handling them in live drills, such as role-playing exercises. Upon completion of training, sales representatives should be fully confident in their ability to break the ice with customers, convince them of the value of our products and persuade them to purchase it.
- Reports back to management and National Account Manager regularly on new leads and sales developments.
- Strong communication (particularly over-the-phone) skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively interact in TMP’s best interest with internal and external parties
- Quick learner- ability to move into an opportunity while learning multiple product lines
- Strong sales skills
- Enthusiasm about product
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to overcome objections
- Strong relationship building
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, or supplier
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Direct experience in a B2B inside sales environment
- Account Management
- Background working on a Sales Team
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- MI (musical instrument, retail) experience preferred
- MS Dynamics NAV and SharePoint experience is a plus
- May require travel to industry tradeshows throughout the year
For almost 40 years, The Music People, Inc. has been a highly respected national business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro-audio equipment to music retailers and sound contractors across the country. In addition to our unique industry, we take pride in our company’s friendly and hardworking culture. We were recently named a top workplace in the state of Connecticut. We are currently looking to grow our sales team and have an opening for a National Sales Associate.