Pro Audio Sales Support
Location: Berlin, CT
Title: Pro Audio Sales Support
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
The Pro Audio Sales Support position coordinates projects with the Vice President of Sales, and several salespeople. This role may also support larger accounts as needed. Responsibilities include project coordination and research specific to Pro Audio initiatives, fielding phone calls and voicemails, gathering data and compiling reports, reviewing orders and working in the company’s CRM. This role supports the Professional Audio division of the company.
- Coordinate projects with the Vice President of Sales in business development including introducing new pro audio lines, planning for events, and coordinating various related projects from start to finish.
- Support the sales team including customer support for solutions, product lead time, taking overflow calls
- Provide the staff with easily accessible informational material they can use to pitch new products.
- Pricing & Availability: inquiring with vendors for pricing and availability as needed.
- Gather and populate into database all vendor restrictions and policies. This information should be easily reviewable by internal sales reps, customers and suppliers
- Direct support for sales: Assisting Sales Reps with daily activities and Pro Audio support on accounts as needed
- Sales order follow-up- Reservation verification
- Oversee the Vendor Support inbox
- Tracking of inbound and outbound packages for customers
- Warehouse customer pickup coordination
- Assist in sales Campaign creation in CRM
- Assists with Trade show reporting and agenda creation
- Administrative support for Business Development
- May enter orders or review for errors
- Proactively identifies issues and follows up to ensure orders are promptly resolved
- Oversee spiff programs and track payments
- Manage the Dealer Apps folder
- Qualify incoming requests from potential new dealers.
- Verify new leads provided by vendors; qualify each lead and assign accounts accordingly
- Excellent project coordination abilities
- Strong communication (particularly over-the-phone) skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively interact in TMP’s best interest with internal and external parties
- “Get-It” and “Get-It-Done”
- Develop a plan of action
- Complete the action(s) and accomplish the directives and responsibilities originally outlined
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to complete several transactions accurately and timely
- Prioritize multiple deadlines and complete the tasks necessary to ensure all is done correctly
- Effectively understand directives and develop the tasks necessary to meet the objective
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to collect, organize and effectively format information in various electronic documents
- Team oriented and positive attitude
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial work style
- 1-3 years' experience in an administrative role
- Pro Audio and/or music industry knowledge and experience is preferred but not required
- MS NAV (Microsoft Navision Dynamics) knowledge, MS CRM, preferred but not required
- May travel to customers and industry trade shows periodically throughout the year
For almost 40 years, The Music People, Inc. has been a highly respected, international business-to-business distributor of music equipment accessories and professional audio, video, and lighting gear to music retailers and sound contractors. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in Greater Hartford Region. We offer an excellent work/life balance, progressive compensation package with growth potential, multiple health care options and 401K with an employer match.