Warehouse Associate - CA
Location: Perris, CA
Title: Warehouse Associate
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8AM-4:30PM, occasional overtime
Tasks include a wide range of physically demanding warehouse functions, including shipping, receiving, and picking and packing products from small parts to 90-lb. master cartons, by hand, pallet jack and forklift. Responsibilities includes processing shipments via Microsoft Windows-based shipping software, as well as shipping documents, including bills of landing.
- Unloading and loading
- Picking-and-packing pieces and/or full cases
- Conduct cycle counts
- Labeling, wrapping, cleaning
- Rework and/or special projects
- Shipping or Receiving
- Inventory Control
- Operating the forklift, maintaining current certification
- Maintaining clean and organized warehouse space
- Follow safety guidelines
- Ability to work in a team enviornment
- Demonstrate collaboration with employees and management on responsibilities, projects, issues and opportunities utilizing company's tools with a transparent approach
- Maintain documented systems, process and training videos
- A fast learner who is able to learn new things, develop new skills quickly.
- Computer literacy with knowledge and experience using Microsoft Windows-based software (i.e. Word, Outlook, basic Excel functionality, etc.) as applicants will be required to take a basic PC skills test. Previous experience with any other Windows-based software to administer inventory, receiving, shipping.
- Good memory for accuracy and efficiency
- Productivity-focused attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills, common sense and the ability to use logical thought-process
- Effectiveness and proactive approach to managing time and resources to ensure goals are reached daily operations run in the best possible manner
- Willingness and capability of meeting the physically demanding aspects of this position
- Excellent communication and math skills, including writing, typing and speaking English, so you can provide support and service to fellow employees, customers and suppliers in-person, via phone and via -email
- Inventory control skills
- Experience Level
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Warehouse Associate or equivalent work experience
- Supportive approach, strong work ethic, and personable
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, factories.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Support and coordinate work efforts with other employees, locations and leadership.
- Forklift certification
- Lifting up to 90 lbs.
- Previous warehouse/distribution center experience
For almost 40 years, The Music People has been a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of music equipment accessories and professional audio, video, and lighting hear to music retailers and sound contractors. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the Greater Hartford Region. We offer an excellent work/life balance, progressive compensation package with grow potential, multiple health care options and 401K with an employer match.